Kausani is a hill station situated in the Bageshwar district of the Uttarakhand state of India. It has impeccable views of Himalayan peaks like Mt. Trishul, Nanda Devi and Panchachuli. Kausani is set amidst a forest of pine trees and enjoys a breezy atmosphere. Mahatma Gandhi is known to have called Kausani, the ‘Switzerland of India’. The town is very peaceful and one can enjoy the beautiful view of the Himalayas from almost any part of the Town. The lower part of the town has the local market and the upper part of the Town, where the Gandhi Ashram is situated is the place where most of the better Hotels are situated. The temperature is pleasant in the summer months and extremely cold in the winter seasons.
Major attractions around Kausani are the Temple town of Bageshwar situated at the confluence of the river Sarayu and Gomti, the Gandhi Ashram and the Rudradhari falls and caves.
Place to Visit in Kausani
- Rudradhari Falls & Caves: For A Heavy Dose Of Nature
- Baijnath Temple: Sheer Display Of Glorious Past
- Anasakti Ashram: One Of Gandhi’s favourite Homes
- Kausani Tea Estate: For Never-Ending
Travel Route From Delhi
- Distance from delhi 419 Kms
- Distance from Almora 52 Kms
- Nearest Airport in Delhi Pantnagar
- Nearest Railway in kathgodam 140km away
Best Time To Visit
- April to June are the ideal months to visit Kausani.
- The months of December to mid-February has Kausani covered with sheets of snow..